Monmouth Museum Member
Big ART in Small Packages
Saturday, January 14th, 2016 from 4 - 6 pm
NOTE: After reading the following prospectus, at the bottom of this webpage is the button/link to create your Submittable account (unless you already have one established). This is the first step in submitting your artwork/s for consideration. There is no cost to create a Submittable account to submit to the Monmouth Museum’s Call for Entries, you only pay for making your submission. Remember to confirm you have selected the correct exhibition opportunity.
DEADLINE: The ability to submit will end Sunday, December 11th 2016 at Midnight EST. Your submission must be completed before Midnight. No Exceptions.
Juror: The Monmouth Museum Exhibition Committee
Eligibility: Open to current Monmouth Museum Members age 18 and over
(Become a Member Today! See below) All artwork entered must be the artist’s
original creations completed within the last five years, and must not have been
exhibited in past Monmouth Museum exhibitions.
Submission Guidelines: Wall-mountable artwork will be considered in all media through online submission of digital jpeg images (300 dpi/ppi)*. Submissions are limited to a maximum of 2 entries/ artworks pieces (4 images, 1 of the artwork and 1 detail). Acceptance into the exhibition is not guaranteed with entry. The Monmouth Museum reserves the right to reject work delivered at the time of the exhibition that is not the artist's accepted work, or does not meet the criteria set by the curator. Selected artwork must be wired, framed (if media applicable) and ready to hang (no saw-tooth hangers). Painted, gallery-wrapped canvas is acceptable. Artworks must be no more than 12 inches in height or width when framed and wall mountable. Entered and accepted work cannot be substituted. All work must be available for the duration of the exhibition and not previously been on exhibition at the Monmouth Museum.
Fee: Free & Exclusive to Museum Members! (limit 2 pieces)
Become a Member Today Here! http://monmouthmuseum.org/support/membership/
Awards: NONEEligibility: For this juried exhibition all wall - mountable visual arts media applications will be considered (drawing, print, painting, mixed media work, photography, wall-mountable sculpture, etc.) Open to all artists world-wide age 18 and over who join or already are a Museum Member. All artwork entered must be the artist�s original creations completed within the last five years, and must not have been presented in past Monmouth Museum exhibitions.
- Artworks will be considered through online submission of digital images (*See Below). Submissions are limited to a maximum of TWO entries/artworks.
- Acceptance into the exhibition is not guaranteed with entry.
- The Monmouth Museum reserves the right to reject work delivered at the time of the exhibition that is not the artist's accepted work, or does not meet the criteria set by the curator.
- Selected artwork must be wired, framed (if media applicable) and ready to hang (no saw-tooth hangers). Painted, gallery-wrapped canvas is acceptable.
- Wall mountable artworks cannot be larger than 12" x 12" with frame.
- Entered and accepted work cannot be substituted.
- All work must be available for the duration of the exhibition.
Online Submissions Via Submittable Only!
SUBMISSIONS MUST INCLUDE:
- Contact Information (Name, Address, Phone and Email)
- Artist Statement (Not over 250 words) and Payment. Please be careful when submitting your information to include proper spelling and grammar as changes cannot be made after submission.
- Artwork List (With a unique Title of each artwork, Media, Size (HxWxD), Year completed and Price)
- Images of your Artwork/s (300 dpi/ppi* Jpeg preferred format - See Below)
*IMPORTANT: Please upload JPEG Image Files with the preferred resolution of 300 dpi /ppi. Re-name files to include image number (Corresponding to Artwork List).
Digital Submission Specifications: DO NOT submit more than 2 entries/artworks in your submission. 1 Detail is permitted per work submitted but not required.
*Frequently Asked Questions:
- The image specifications stated above are preferred due to the PR and printing needs of the Museum. Images of different resolutions and formats can still be submitted, for example 72 dpi/ppi and 92 dpi/ppi or PNG and TIFF files, etc. can be submitted and will not exclude your work from consideration.
- If your work is selected for promotional purposes you may be asked for a 300 dpi/ppi JPEG image at a later date.
- The Museum will not re-size images or offer tutorials on the re-sizing of your images. Please visit the internet for an abundance of various sources and YouTube tutorials on how to re-size your image.
- HINTS: IPhone and Smart Phone photographs are usually comparable with our requested format. Remember to only photograph the artwork, not the frame, glass or wall and crop the image when needed.
The requested Artist Statement has a limit of 250 words. Please state HOW & WHY you created the specific work/s being submitted. Please do not use identifying markers such as your name or website in this section. This section is not a CV or Biography. If selected by the Jurors for exhibition the Public Relations Department may contact you for additional materials if needed.
Name images with consecutive numbers from 1 - 2.
Images must be labeled:
Confidence_1_Acrylic_24 x 36_2014_$2000
Fee: FREE with Museum Membership
Announcement of Accepted Artists: Artists selected for exhibition will be contacted directly via email by December 17, 2016 Midnight EST. Artists declined will also be notified via email by December 17, 2016 Midnight EST.
CALENDAR (If Accepted)
• Receiving (In Person Drop - Off): Friday, January 6, 2017 10am to 8pm
• Shipping Due Date: Friday, January 6, 2017 from 10am to 8pm (See Below**)
• Exhibition: January 14, 2017 – March 13, 2017
• Opening Reception: Saturday, January 14, 2017 from 4 - 6 pm
• Pick-up Artwork: Monday, March 14, 2017 from 10am - 5pm
There is a $5 per day late fee for all works left at the Museum after the in person pick-up date of Tuesday, March 15, 2017 from 10am - 5pm. You cannot remove your artwork from the exhibition early. The $5 per day late fee applies for shipped works left at the Museum beyond Friday, March 18, 2017.**
Sale of Artwork: The Monmouth Museum encourages the sale of exhibited artwork. The Monmouth Museum will collect the purchase price for all work, take a 20% sales commission and issue a check for the remainder to the artist at the close of the exhibition.
Media/Public Relations Release: The Monmouth Museum reserves the right to use digital images of accepted and exhibited artwork for media and website PR and advertising.
**SHIPPING: All work shipped via FedEx, UPS, DHL, Private Shipper or USPS must arrive at the Museum by 8:00 pm Friday, January 6, 2017. Schedule deliveries between 10am and 7:30pm.
All shipping costs and liability of artwork during shipment are the responsibility of the artist. All entries must have a prepaid downloaded FedEx, UPS, DHL or USPS return shipping label with barcode included in the package. PLEASE NOTE: Do not use “FED EX OFFICE” for return shipping labels as they provide no pick-up at the Museum and the Museum does not make deliveries. Artists are responsible to schedule pick up with their own shipping provider for either, Tuesday, March 15th; Wednesday, March 16th; and Thursday, March 17, 2017. A late fee of $5 per day applies after Friday, March 18, 2017 for works that were shipped (Schedule pick up between 10am and 4:30pm).
Receiving (In Person Drop - Off):
Monmouth Museum, 765 Newman Springs Rd., Lincroft, NJ 07738
On the Campus of Brookdale Community College, take Campus Drive to Museum Drive to Parking Lot 1
Shipping address for accepted works delivered via FedEx, UPS, DHL and Private Shipper:
Monmouth Museum, 765 Newman Springs Rd., Lincroft, NJ 07738
Shipping address for accepted works via USPS delivery ONLY:
Monmouth Museum, PO Box 359, Lincroft, NJ 07738
For more information:
Arts & Education Manager