A New Jersey Emerging Artists Alumni Exhibition
Dates: March 21-May 17, 2020 (Main Gallery)
Opening Reception: Saturday, March 21, 5-7pm
Deadline: The ability to submit will end Monday, March 2, 2020 at Midnight EST
New Jersey Emerging Artists started in 2007 to give a platform to local artists who have yet to exhibit their work in a solo-show and create a nurturing environment to develop their careers. We have worked with over 70 local artists since the program's inception and it has become a popular staple at our museum.
Now, the Monmouth Museum would like to welcome our New Jersey Emerging Artists back for a group show from March 21-May 17, 2020 in the Main Gallery. "R'emerged" will be a celebration of the talent and diverse art of New Jersey Artists. If you are interested in participating in the group show with fellow NJ Emerging Artists, please submit up to 2 images of your work to be considered for inclusion in the exhibition. We look forward to once again working with such talented artists. Below you will find the submission guidelines as well as important dates for drop off, pick up, and the exhibition itself.
Curator: Donna Kessinger
- All artwork entered must be the artist’s original creations completed within the last five years, and must not have been presented in past Monmouth Museum exhibitions.
- Artworks will be considered through online submission of digital images via thei artist's own Submittable account.
- Submissions are limited to a maximum of two entries/artworks.
- Selected artwork must be wired, framed (if media applicable) and ready to hang (no saw-tooth hangers). Painted, gallery-wrapped canvas is acceptable.
- Entered and accepted work cannot be substituted.
- All work must be available for the duration of the exhibition.
- Installation will be done on March 19 & 20 by the artists with assistance from museum staff. Pizza and coffee will be provided during installation.
Online Submissions via Submittable
Submissions Must Include:
- Contact Information (Name, Address, Phone and Email)
- Artist Statement (Not over 250 words). Statement should be written in the first person and specific to the work/s you are submitting.
- Artwork List (With a unique Title of each artwork, Media, Size (HxWxD), Year completed and Price)
- Images of your Artwork/s. Please upload JPEG Image Files with the preferred resolution of 300 dpi /ppi. Re-name files to include image number (Corresponding to Artwork List).
- The image specifications stated above are preferred due to the PR and printing needs of the Museum. Images of different resolutions and formats can still be submitted, for example 72 dpi/ppi and 92 dpi/ppi or PNG and TIFF files, etc. can be submitted and will not exclude your work from consideration.
- Name images with consecutive numbers from 1 - 2. Images must be labeled: Title_EntryNumber_Media_Size_Year_Price. Example: Ideas_1_Acrylic_24 x 36_2018_$2000
- 1 Detail is permitted per work submitted but not required.
Announcement of Accepted Work:
Announcement of accepted work will be on Monday, March 9, 2020 by Midnight EST via Submittable.
- Receiving (In Person Drop - Off): March 19, 2020, 10am-5pm
- Installation: March 19, 2020 & March 20, 2020
- Shipping Due Date: March 19, 2020
- Exhibition: March 21 - May 17, 2020
- Opening Reception: Saturday, March 21, 5-7pm
- Pick-up Artwork (In Person): Monday, May 18, 2020
- Shipping Return: Send a pre-paid return label with your artwork/s. Artists are responsible to schedule pick-up with their own shipping provider for either May 19 or 20. Please schedule pick up between 10am and 4:30pm.
Shipping address for accepted works delivered via FedEx, UPS, DHL and Private Shipper:
Monmouth Museum, 765 Newman Springs Rd., Lincroft, NJ 07738
Shipping address for accepted works via USPS delivery:
Monmouth Museum, PO Box 359, Lincroft, NJ 07738
Receiving (In Person Drop - Off):
Monmouth Museum, 765 Newman Springs Rd., Lincroft, NJ 07738.
Sale of Artwork: The Monmouth Museum encourages the sale of exhibited artwork. The Monmouth Museum will collect the purchase price for all work, take a 30% sales commission and issue a check for the remainder to the artist at the close of the exhibition.
Media/Public Relations Release: The Monmouth Museum reserves the right to use digital images of accepted and exhibited artwork for media and website PR and advertising.
For submission assistance and more information:
Artist Liaison & Assistant Curator