Big ART in Small Packages 2020
(Nilson & Hallway Galleries) January 18, 2020 – March 15, 2020
Opening Reception: Saturday, January 18th, 2020 from 5 – 7 pm
Deadline: The ability to submit will end Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 at Midnight EST.
Since 2015, the Monmouth Museum has celebrated our Artist Members by hosting an art exhibition in our Nilson and Hallway Galleries. The show has always been an excellent opportunity for our members to show off their talent and creativity in small formats.
In 2020, we are continuing the tradition and exhibiting member artwork in an exclusive show once again. As a show of miniatures, we are looking for artwork no bigger than 12"x12" when framed. Artwork can be all media types, but should be wall-mountable.
- Artists must be members of the Monmouth Museum, age 18 and over.
- All artwork entered must be the artist’s original creations completed within the last five years, and must not have been presented in past Monmouth Museum exhibitions.
- All artwork must be wall-mountable.
- Artworks will be considered through online submission of digital images via Submittable.
- Submissions are limited to a maximum of two entries/artworks.
- Selected artwork must be framed (if media applicable) and ready to hang with a wire hanging (no saw-tooth hangers). Painted, gallery-wrapped canvas is acceptable.
- Work must be no more that 12"x12" when framed.
- Entered and accepted work cannot be substituted.
- All work must be available for the duration of the exhibition.
Online Submissions Via Submittable Only!
SUBMISSIONS MUST INCLUDE:
- Contact Information (Name, Address, Phone and Email)
- Artist Statement (Not over 250 words). Statement should be written in the first person and specific to the work/s you are submitting.
- Artwork List (Title of each artwork, Media, Framed Size (HxWxD), Year completed and Price)
- Images of your Artwork/s. Please upload Image Files (.jpeg, .jpg, etc.) with the preferred resolution of 300 dpi /ppi. Re-name files to include image number (Corresponding to Artwork List).
- The image specifications stated above are preferred due to the PR and printing needs of the Museum. Images of different resolutions and formats can still be submitted, for example 72 dpi/ppi and 92 dpi/ppi or PNG and TIFF files, etc. can be submitted and will not exclude your work from consideration.
- Name images with consecutive numbers from 1 - 2. Images must be labeled: Title_EntryNumber_Media_Size_Year_Price. Example: Ideas_1_Acrylic_24 x 36_2018_$2000
- 1 Detail is permitted per work submitted but not required.
Free & Exclusive to Museum Members! (limit 2 pieces)
Become a Member Today Here! http://monmouthmuseum.org/support/membership/
Announcement of Accepted Artists:
All artwork following the guidelines above will be accepted.
Artists will be contacted with a reminder of dates via Submittable on Wednesday, December 18th, 2019 by Midnight EST.
Important Dates, if Accepted:
• Receiving (In Person Drop - Off): Thursday, January 9, 2020 10am – 6pm
• Shipping Due Date: Thursday, January 9, 2020 from 10am – 6pm
• Exhibition: January 18, 2020 – March 15, 2020
• Opening Reception: Saturday, January 18, 2020 from 5 – 7 pm
• Pick-up Artwork (In Person): Monday, March 16, 2020 from 10am – 6pm
Shipping address for accepted works delivered via FedEx, UPS, DHL and Private Shipper: Monmouth Museum, 765 Newman Springs Rd., Lincroft, NJ 07738
Shipping address for accepted works via USPS delivery: Monmouth Museum, PO Box 359, Lincroft, NJ 07738
Receiving (In Person Drop - Off): Monmouth Museum, 765 Newman Springs Rd., Lincroft, NJ 07738. We are located on the Brookdale Community College campus. To reach us, take Campus Drive to Museum Drive. Parking is in Parking Lot 1.
Sale of Artwork:
The Monmouth Museum encourages the sale of exhibited artwork. The Monmouth Museum will collect the purchase price for all work, take a 30% sales commission and issue a check for the remainder to the artist at the close of the exhibition.
Media/Public Relations Release:
The Monmouth Museum reserves the right to use digital images of accepted and exhibited artwork for media and website PR and advertising.
For submission assistance:
For more information:
Arts & Fund Development Manager