41st Annual Juried Art Exhibition
(Main Gallery) January 18, 2020 – March 15, 2020
Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony: Saturday, January 18th, 2020 from 5 - 7 pm
Deadline: The ability to submit will end Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 at Midnight EST.
Since the Annual Juried Art Exhibition was founded by the Monmouth County Arts Council in 1979, the exhibition has been presented at the Monmouth Museum. In 2011 the Monmouth Museum assumed complete sponsorship of the exhibition. The same year, the museum expanded the call for entries to be international. As a result, the Annual Juried Art Exhibition has become a refreshing representation of creative talent from around the world. Alongside local New Jersey artists, the Annual Juried Art Exhibition has included artists from Japan, Russia, Lithuania, Israel, and Germany.
This year, the Monmouth Museum presents the 41st Annual Juried Art Exhibition. We are accepting artwork of all media and styles to feature in our Main Gallery and will be continuing our tradition of showcasing diverse and international art.
Juror: Grace Graupe-Pillard
Awards: 4 monetary Jurors' Awards of $250 each and 5 Honorable Mentions with no monetary award
- Open to all artists worldwide age 18 and over.
- All artwork entered must be the artist’s original creations completed within the last five years, and must not have been presented in past Monmouth Museum exhibitions.
- Artworks will be considered through online submission of digital images via Submittable.
- All submissions must be made from the artist's own Submittable account.
- Submissions are limited to a maximum of four entries/artworks.
- Selected artwork must be framed (if media applicable) and ready to hang with a wire hanging (no saw-tooth hangers). Painted, gallery-wrapped canvas is acceptable.
- Entered and accepted work cannot be substituted.
- All work must be available for the duration of the exhibition.
Online Submissions via Submittable
Submissions Must Include:
- Contact Information (Name, Address, Phone and Email)
- Artist Statement (Not over 250 words). Statement should be written in the first person and specific to the work/s you are submitting.
- Artwork List (Title of each artwork, Media, Framed Size (HxWxD), Year completed and Price)
- Images of your Artwork/s. Please upload Image Files (.jpeg, .jpg, etc.) with the preferred resolution of 300 dpi /ppi. Re-name files to include image number (Corresponding to Artwork List).
- The image specifications stated above are preferred due to the PR and printing needs of the Museum. Images of different resolutions and formats can still be submitted, for example 72 dpi/ppi and 92 dpi/ppi or PNG and TIFF files, etc. can be submitted and will not exclude your work from consideration.
- Name images with consecutive numbers from 1 - 4. Images must be labeled: Title_EntryNumber_Media_Size_Year_Price. Example: Ideas_1_Acrylic_24 x 36_2018_$2000
- 1 Detail is permitted per work submitted but not required.
- Submission Payment
$20 per entry/artwork.
Example: 1 entry/artwork = $20; 2 entries/artworks = $40; 3 entries/artworks = $60 and 4 entries/artworks = $80.
Payment must be made at time of online submission of your entry/entries. Amex, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover are accepted through PayPal via Submittable. No Refunds.
Announcement of Accepted Artists:
Artists will be contacted through Submittable by Wednesday, December 18th, 2019 Midnight EST.
Important Dates, if Accepted:
- Receiving (In Person Drop - Off): Friday, January 10, 2020 10am – 6pm
- Shipping Due Date: Friday, January 10, 2020 from 10am – 6pm
- Exhibition: January 18, 2020 – March 15, 2020
- Opening Reception: Saturday, January 18, 2020 from 5 – 7 pm
- Pick-up Artwork (In Person): Monday, March 16, 2020 from 10am – 5pm
Shipping address for accepted works delivered via FedEx, UPS, DHL and Private Shipper: Monmouth Museum, 765 Newman Springs Rd., Lincroft, NJ 07738
Shipping address for accepted works via USPS delivery: Monmouth Museum, PO Box 359, Lincroft, NJ 07738
Receiving (In Person Drop - Off): Monmouth Museum, 765 Newman Springs Rd., Lincroft, NJ 07738. We are located on the Brookdale Community College campus. To reach us, take Campus Drive to Museum Drive. Parking is in Parking Lot 1.
Sale of Artwork:
The Monmouth Museum encourages the sale of exhibited artwork. The Monmouth Museum will collect the purchase price for all work, take a 30% sales commission and issue a check for the remainder to the artist at the close of the exhibition.
Media/Public Relations Release:
The Monmouth Museum reserves the right to use digital images of accepted and exhibited artwork for media and website PR and advertising.
For submission assistance or more information:
Artist Liaison & Assistant Curator